Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Nude or Black, Black or Nude

Get your mind out of the gutter!  Nude as in... the color!! ;-)

So now that we've decided on royal blue for the bridesmaid dress color, the next "big" decision is shoes!  By the way, I'll gladly share their dress choices as soon as the final 2 gals pick out their styles.  So until then, let's think about completing the look.  First option I'm eliminating is silver.  While it goes really well with royal blue... with a fall wedding it just doesn't go with the whole "theme" of the day/season.

Source
Source
I love the look, but it just won't work.  Next option could be getting funky with royal blue shoes to match the dress.  In theory, this sounds fun and sassy... a pair of heels that the girls could pair with another outfit later when they're feeling bold.  But... how do we match the color?  Do we dye them?  I purchased satin dyeable shoes for the last wedding I was in (picture seen in this blog, black dresses, lime green shoes) and due to a little rain and mud they are basically ruined, not able to be worn again... that's a bummer.  I'd hate to see a royal blue overkill though... 

Source
Source
Royal blue would be fun (especially if we could afford the Chanel pair shown above!), but it seems a little too impractical.  So, next up... what about black?  The guys tuxes are black, which is why I think this could work.  It seems a little dark to match with royal blue, but the positive here is that the girls likely already have a suitable pair of black shoes in their closet at home that could work, heels or flats or even a strappy number.  No need to buy new?  Bonus!

Source
Source
I think black really has potential... I love the look on Gilmore Girls' Alexis Bledel (of note: FH had to tell me who she was, I had no idea.... why does he know?  Clearly he's a closet Gilmore fan *wink*).  Anyway, the last viable option is nude.  Not going to lie, I think this would be soooo cute!  I am leaning towards this look, but I also know that choosing a nude shoe will probably mean another purchase needs to be made by my girls and if so, I will have to rethink my love of the look.  Nude DOES seem really trendy right now, so maybe they'll surprise me by owning a pair already... :)
Only $29.99 at Payless
Source 
Come on... who can argue with the fashion sense of Kate Middleton... she's a PRINCESS.  I think the nude heel makes her legs look longer and puts more focus on her dress, because they don't draw the eye immediately down.  

So there you have it -- my shoe conundrum.  What would Louboutin do?  

1 comment:

  1. I would definitely go nude! Nude shoes are so versatile post wedding aswell. Although, I would check with your girls what they prefer. My dyeable shoes didnt come out the exact colour I wanted though, so you dont want a miss match!

    ReplyDelete