Thursday, November 17, 2011

OMG, it happened!

My teeth feel out.  Four of them.  Behind two, revealed nubs of baby teeth.  Behind the other two, just air.

Okay not really.

BUT, I've heard of brides having terrifying dreams related to the wedding or leading up to the wedding, but I thought for sure that wouldn't happen to me.  I rarely remember my dreams and when I do, I don't remember enough to make sense of it.  Well, last night I had a dream that four of my teeth feel out.  FOUR!  I don't recall it being related directly to the wedding... as in, I didn't walk down the aisle, open my mouth to say, "I do" and there they were, gaping holes where teeth once were.  BUT, I have a feeling it's all connected.  I've been stressing lately about the budget, the guest list, looking/feeling good in my dress, etc.

According to this website it could be tied to a few things:

  • Lack of Self Confidence  (Perhaps in planning/pulling off such a big event?)
  • Fears of Sexual Inadequacy  (gosh I hope not!)
  • Anxiety About Your Appearance  (um, yes)
So... now what?  I vow to try and come to terms with the fact that I can't expect perfection.  Perhaps some of my anxiety will fade if I can truly be okay with that concept!  Have you ever had crazy/scary dreams tied to the big day?


No comments:

Post a Comment