Sunday, November 13, 2011

Call Me Crazy?

Okay, so... we've talked face to face with 3 potential photographers so far and while I know that each is great and talented in their own way, each has a personality we mesh well with, and each is very affordable... I still haven't had that "THIS IS IT" feeling.  So, instead of rushing the decision... I've expanded my searches, hoping to find someone who seals the deal so well, that I don't have a doubt or regret and can stop searching, feeling confident that I've picked the right person for the job.  I'm not ruling out the 3 we've chatted with... but I'm not ready to make a decision either.  Am I crazy?? I feel crazy.  I really want to make this decision and move onto the next... but I just CAN'T!


When you first jump into wedding planning, you hear all of this advice of identifying your priorities.  Deciding which things are MOST important to you AND to the man you'll soon call your husband.  Some gals want a runway worthy designer gown, others want an amazing 5 tier fondant cake with hand-painted flowers, some guys want to wear sneakers with their tuxedos... regardless these things are most important to YOU, no one else.  There is no right or wrong answer.  Once you realize what these things are, in theory, your time, resources, and potentially budget should also favor those things.

For my fiance, the most important thing to him (outside of marrying me of course) was having a guest list big enough to include his large family, throwing a FUN party with an open bar, and having his families pastor do the ceremony.  For me, it's a unique reception venue that really reflected the essence of us, amazing wedding photos to remember the day by when it's all over with, and good entertainment so everyone has a great time celebrating with us.

Accomplished so far:

  • A unique venue we both fell in love with, that holds up to 200 people 
  • A tentative caterer contract that includes beer, wine, and a limited open bar
  • My man's family pastor is reserved (and bonus - he gets the church too - it's close to our venue!)
Next on the list is finalizing a photographer, picking a DJ, and if we think we can afford it, reserving a photo booth... which would round out BOTH of our "priority" lists.  In theory... it's a cake-walk after that right?  HA!  We'll see about that... :)

Did you have to stop and remember to focus on your priorities while planning?  Did you stretch or expand your budget to make something on the list happen?


No comments:

Post a Comment