Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Allow myself to introduce... myself

Yea, that's right.... I quoted Austin Powers in the first 5 words of my new blog.  I couldn't resist... :)

As you've probably already guessed... I'm a blushing bride!  We've been engaged since June 4th, so about 4 months now... and we'll be getting married in October 2012, so just 11 months left to make it all happen!  Somewhere between researching for my own wedding and drooling over everyone else's... I fell in love with a site called Weddingbee.  The bloggers are down-to-earth brides going through the same phases as I am or newly wedded Mrs's sharing the details about their big day and I just LOVE the whole web-based community.

That being said... my motivation behind this personal blog, is to perhaps have a chance to be part of the hive.  So there you go, my ulterior motive!!  Honesty IS the best policy, right!?  Though that's the ultimate goal... along the way, I aim to document the highs and lows of the planning process with full honesty.  Honesty with myself and with my audience, though they'll intentionally remain unknown.  I want to be able to talk about the dress and the details of the day without my closest friends or Aunt Bertha or my co-workers knowing my inner most thoughts.  I want the majority of our guests to be left in the dark until that day... so they're seeing each personal detail we've added for the very first time.

So, reader... if you're even there... buckle your seat belt and join me for the ride of a lifetime!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, you got engaged on our engageversary! We got engaged on the 4th June 2010 (our 5 year dating anniversary!).

    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete